PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CUSTOMERS
Thank you for visiting our online shop.
Protection of your privacy is very important to us. Clearly Supplements Limited is the data controller in any scenario where we determine the means and purposes of processing of such information.
You can contact us here email@example.com.
Below you will find extensive information about how we handle your data.
Personal data we collect about you
We obtain this information directly from you when you place an order, set up a customer or affiliate account with us, sign up for our newsletter or use our website. We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Your name and contact details (title, surname, first name, any other name(s), postal address(es), e-mail address, telephone numbers)
- Your date of birth
- Information on your purchases
- The communications you exchange with us (for example, your emails, letters, calls, or posts and messages on social media).
- Information about how you use our website
- Information on how you use our website, using cookies or similar identifiers. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They enable you to navigate on our website and allow us to provide features, such as keeping you logged in to our website; they also allow us to assess the website so we can improve it and provide us with information for marketing purposes.
- Identifiers such as your computer’s IP address or your mobile’s MAC address.
We use a third-party payment gateway to take payment for any orders placed, but Clearly Brands does not process or store payment details.
If you choose to click through to third party websites via our website, third parties may collect information about your use of our website, using certain technologies available to them, for example cookies. Similarly, where you choose to interact with Clearly CBD content on social media, third parties may collect information about these interactions.
Information collected by these third-party services is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
How and why, we use the personal information that we collect
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order
When you place your order, we use your personal information to fulfil that order. We may contact you by email and/or SMS to send you confirmation of your order, payment, and order status. This is to meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To inform you about our products and offers that you may like
If you have signed up to our Clearly CBD Newsletter or purchased from us previously, we may send you email and/or SMS communications about our products and offers. We may also, from time to time, inform you of opportunities to become an affiliate as part of our marketing communications, which you will only receive if you have opted to receive them. Such marketing communications are sent on the basis of your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by contacting us. We may use the information we have about you (including your purchasing history) to build a profile about your preferences, and to send you products and offers tailored to you. You may also see advertising related to Clearly CBD products across the web on the basis of the information we hold about you. This is to meet our legitimate business interests in marketing our products effectively. If you do not want to receive marketing communications (e.g., emails) from us, please contact us. Where you interact with Clearly CBD by posting or messaging on social media, we may use personal information included in social media posts for this purpose.
- To improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes and protect our business interests
The business purposes for which we will use your personal information include accounting, billing, security, and legal purposes (including to investigate complaints or claims, and to administer the product guarantee and any other rights to return products), statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development.
This will include the use of your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, for example, our obligation to maintain records for tax and audit purposes. Where there is no specific legal obligation, we are required to meet, we process this personal information to meet our legitimate interests in managing our business and keeping our records accurate and up to date.
- To administer competitions, you enter and incentive schemes you have signed up for
We run certain competitions and will need to process your name and contact details if you enter, as well as to let you know if you have won. We do this on the basis of your consent, which you can withdraw at any time by contacting us. Specific uses of personal data in this context will be detailed in the competition rules.
If you object to the use of your personal information to fulfil any of the purposes set out above, please contact us. Whilst your decision to provide your personal information is generally voluntary, if you do not provide certain information Clearly Brands Plc may not be able to accomplish some of the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. For example, we may not be able to post products to you without knowing your postal address.
- How we may share or transfer the data we collect
We may share your personal information with:
- Clearly Affiliates
- Suppliers providing services to us in order to help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience.
- an acquiring party, service providers or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- Government authorities.
This sharing will be for the purposes set out above (including the engagement of third-party service providers, who may act as controllers of your personal information) or to comply with specific legal obligations to which we are subject.
Clearly Brands Plc website uses Malware Scanning on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
Order processing information will be kept by Clearly Brands Plc for 10 years or until tax audit close, whichever is later. We may use your personal information while you are active with Clearly CBD. In deciding how long to keep personal information after you cease to be active with us, we take into account any ongoing obligations we may have (e.g., to store the information for accounting purposes) or the length of time given to commence or defend any legal claims. If you would like more specific timescales please contact us, and we will provide them where we can. We will stop processing your data for direct marketing, including profiling activities, if you object to such processing of your data or if you withdraw your consent to processing, where your consent has previously been obtained.
- Your rights
You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccurate personal information we hold about you rectified. You may also have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, to port your personal information to another controller or to have your personal information erased.
Your rights Being the data subject, you have the following rights according to:
- Article. 15: GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process, within the scope described therein.
- Article. 16: GDPR, the right to immediately demand rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us.
- Article. 17: GDPR, the right to request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required – to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest or – for establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- Article. 18: GDPR, the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as – the accuracy of the data is contested by you; – the processing is unlawful, but you refuse their erasure; – we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or – you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with art. 21 GDPR.
- Article. 20: GDPR, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller.
- Article. 77: GDPR, the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
If you have an issue or complaint about how we handle your personal information, please contact us. In the event we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, then you have the right to contact your local data privacy supervisory authority.
In the UK, this is the ICO, whose details can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/
- How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Privacy Statement please firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will publish any new version of this Privacy Statement on our website.